1) Personal checks will be returned. Non-refundable entry fee is ninety dollars ($90.00) to be paid by money order or certified check, payable to Ice Bowl Tournament. Optional scratch event is twenty-five dollars ($25.00) for all divisions. All entries are to be mailed certified return receipt requested to:
Ice Bowl Tournament
P.O. Box 31838
Omaha, NE 68131-0838
All entries must be postmarked no later than January 30, 2013. Incomplete or late entries are subject to a $5.00 per bowler fee.
2) No person having any or having had any status other than amateur will be allowed to participate in this tournament.
3) All participants must be members of USBC and provide proof of membership (sanction card or signed statement from league secretary). If a participant is not a member of USBC, he/she must pay the current USBC participation fee and concurrently become subject to USBC rules and jurisdiction for t tournament.
4) The tournament events shall consist of team, doubles and singles, with an optional scratch event competition. The number of games per event (singles, doubles and team) shall be a set of three. Teams will consist of four (4) participants in any combination fo men/women. Men and women participate on an equal basis in handicap and scratch events.
5) The Ice bowl tournament is a USBC sanctioned tournament and is a mixed handicap competition open to men and women by invitation only.
A. Use highest Fall/Winter league sanctioned average as of December 31, 2012 with a minimum of twenty-one (21) games. If competing in more than one (1) league, the bowler must submit the highest sanctioned average of all leagues bowled. If 2011-12 book average is higher (minimum 21 games), that average must be submitted and will be used if it is five pins higher than current average as of December 31, 2012.
B. If no December 31, 2012 average is available, use last year's 2011-2012 Fall/Winter league highest sanctioned book average (minimum 21 games).
C. If none of the above is available, use Summer 2012 league sanctioned final average (minimum 21 games), provided sanctioned Summer league meets USBC criteria.
D. If none of the above applies, entering averages will be 225 (USBC rule 319E).
E. If current IGBO tournament average (last 12 month period, minimum 21 games) is five (5) pins greater than current December 31, 2012 average, then the IGBO tournament average will be used. If current league average as of tournament date is five (5) pins greater than current December 31, 2012 average, then the current league average will be used.
6) Any bowler entering the Ice Bowl Tournament must establish an acceptable USBC ten pin average. The following rules for entering averages will be used:
7) Handicap for the Ice Bowl Tournament will be based upon ninety percent (90%) of the difference of a bowler's entering average and 225 scratch. Negative handicaps will not apply.
8) A bowler who has qualified for a cash prize of three hundred dollars ($300.00) or more in any single event in a tournament within the previous twelve (12) month period must report the actual scores, position and amount won to the tournament directors at the time of entry for possible re-rating.
9) The tournament directors have the authority to adjust the entering average of any bowler. USBC rules 319 a, b, d, e apply to all entrants. A bowler unwilling to accept an average adjustment is entitled to a full refund (USBC rule 319c). No other refunds will be made once an application has been accepted.
10) Average adjustments will be applied as set forth under USBC rule 319c in its entirety and applies to all entrants. All average adjustments will be completed prior to the start of the tournament.
11) USBC rule 319a-3, regarding bowlers' responsibility to verify the accuracy of his/her average, whether submitted by the bowler, team captain, or other, applies to all bowlers. Failure to use the proper average shall disqualify scores if submitted average is lower than actual average thereby resulting in entry of 0 in all games and events. Prize winnings shall be based on the submitted average if it is higher than the actual average.
12) Handicap entires for all cash awards shall be based on total pins plus handicap for each event, except for the optional scratch event, which will be based on scratch score for each division.
13) There will be six (6) divisions of competition in the optional scratch event: averages from 0 - 139, 140 - 154, 155 - 169, 170 - 184, 185 - 199 and 200 & Above. Optional scratch event entries will be accepted only up to the beginning of the first scheduled bowling shift.
14) Fees for the Optional Scratch event and Scratch Masters event will remain 100% in each event. Distribution in each division will be based upon the number of participants in each division.
15) Each participant may bowl only once per event.
16) Doubles partners must be on the same team.
17) Partical team entries will be accepted and the tournament directors will make every effort to fill the vacancies.
18) Substitutes may bowl at the tournament director's discretion. Their entering averages must comply with the rules previously stated. Substitutes must complete a tournament entry form, and be filling a paid position.
19) The complete team must be present for bowling the team event. If a team member is not present, the team may use an authorized substitute (rule 18). If no substitute is available, a zero score will be used for the missing bowler.
20) Late bowlers will begin bowling in the frame in which they are ready to commence, with prior frames being scored as zero.
21) It is solely and entirely the bowler's responsibility to be present at the assigned lanes at the time of bowling. Each bowler shall have the responsibility to arrive in time to bowl. Mechanical failures, transportation irregularities, improper directions, and related reasons do not alter the application of rules 19 and 20. USBC rule 322 will apply.
22) Bowlers will be allowed two (2) practice balls on each lane per event.
23) Awards will be given for the best teams, doubles, singles and all events.
24) Prizes will be distributed, barring protests, at the tournament banquet at the completion of the tournament. A tie in any position will result in equal division of prizes. Prize fund will be based upon 100% participation. USBC rule 311 will apply.
25) Any claims of error or disputes must be submitted in writing to the tournament directors within two (2) hours of the dispute/error. The protesting bowler(s) or team(s) and the tournament directors shall settle the dispute according to Ice Bowl Tournament rules and/or USBC rules.
26) Entries will not be accepted without a signed verification of entering averages as determined by rule 5. League sheet is acceptable.
27) All prize fees collected in an event or division will be returned 100% to the participants in that event or division (USBC rule 309).
28) The Ice Bowl Invitational Tournament is a member of the International Gay Bowling Organization (IGBO). If the participant is not a member of IGBO in any of its membership classes he/she must pay a non-member participant fee of $20.00. This participation fee is the property of IGBO.
29) Participants authorize Ice Bowl to distribute, copy, post names and standing sheets on the Ice Bowl website and IGBO website. Payment and participation is proof of authorization. Particpants hold Ice Bowl harmless of this distribution.